The Society for Conservation GIS Pilipinas is a volunteer organization that seeks to facilitate cooperation and information exchange between individuals who apply geographic information systems (GIS) for the conservation of the country’s cultural heritage and natural resources.
Goals and Objectives
- Provide professional development opportunities by assisting individuals and institution in acquiring GIS skills through trainings and via-internet tutorials and mentorships.
- Promote free flow of data and technology in the country.
- Build partnerships and create a network of conservation GIS users and agencies to promote networking, mentoring relationships and the use of GIS tools in conservation.
- Establish standards for conservation data interchange.
- Strengthen SCGIS Pilipinas as an organization through increased membership and improved organizational procedures.