Archbold Biological Station , Florida
Posted By: Vivienne Sclater , December 4, 2020
Primary duties include:
• Create maps using the best available data to support conservation activities
• Be able to perform basic spatial analysis in support of your cartographic efforts
• Interpret data to produce tabular reports, graphs and charts,
• Be fully competent with ESRI’s ArcGIS suite of tools for a broad range of research and conservation purposes.
• Utilize ArcGIS tools to prepare visually appealing maps and presentation materials
• Be familiar with the type of wide range of outside agencies and online locations from which to access and download relevant data.
• Represent Archbold in professional organizations, GIS working groups, and local and regional conservation organizations.
• Anticipate the needs and work collaboratively with a range of people and partner organizations, from those having little understanding of GIS, to those utilizing spatial analysis and other advanced tools.
• Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years full-time GIS experience, or Master’s degree and 1-2 years of fulltime GIS experience
• Experience with ESRIs ArcGIS software, including ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS online
• Demonstrate ability to produce cartographic products to support conservation.
• Experience using GIS to address questions in ecology.
• Experience performing advanced spatial analyses
• Familiarity in working with high resolution imagery
• Experience with ArcGIS Spatial Analyst tools
• Experience with Florida agencies and GIS spatial datasets a plus but not required
• Experience working with Geodatabases, Access, R, and Python a plus but not required.
Applicants should send a letter of interest and resume with names, telephone numbers, and email address of three references to Vivienne Sclater at email@example.com. Position will remain open until filled. Early application is strongly encouraged. Applicant must have U.S. citizenship or current authorization to work in the U.S.