Adventure Scientists , Montana
Posted By: Katya Koepsel, May 26, 2021
Adventure Scientists is seeking an experienced professional to create visualizations of field sampling data and associated volunteer data, including geospatial analysis, mapping, and other graphic data representations. The consultant will work with all members of the project management team, as well as other staff across the organization. They will craft compelling visualizations, and tell stories using geospatial data. Audiences include the large network of project volunteers who collect data for our projects, our scientific partners, for whom we collect data, and additional stakeholders, donor-partners, and the broader public.
- 6-8+ years of experience with Esri products (ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, etc.), including 3+ years of professional work experience, in addition to education
- Experience performing analysis, creating visually compelling maps, and implementing
GIS solutions to answer spatial questions
- Proficient in geodatabase design and management, cartography, web mapping, and
spatial analysis (ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online)
- Experience designing and building functional maps that can be used for efficient back
end volunteer management
- Experience using visualizations to tell stories about science and data to a general
- Experience building mapping applications for volunteer interaction
- Demonstrated ability to creatively visualize data and think out of the box
Work Schedule, location and Compensation
Contract position, pay rate of $50/hr. Position will be based in our Bozeman, MT office. We provide a new laptop and workstation (monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc.) with all needed software and licenses. Position runs from June 2021-April 2022, and is budgeted to not exceed 925 hours. Schedule will be approximately 20 hours per week, depending on organizational needs.
Submit resume (limited to two pages) and cover letter outlining relevant experience (based on above) to: email@example.com